Old 02-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Odiferous spawning?

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:32:04 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

After a really good spawn, there will be the odor of sex in the air. I
would not call it the smell of something dead, but definitely smelly. On
smaller spawns, it is not noticeable. I had spawns 6 of 7 days a couple of
weeks ago. Only had the smell one day. But that day I had eggs everywhere.
Check your ammonia and nitrites. They will climb. Have some Amquel or
ChlorAm-X to neutralize the ammonia and some salt to neutralize the
nitrites.

One of my main fishing secrets. When bluegill are spawning, one can smell
it. Zero in on the source of the smell, and the fishing action is fast and
furious!

Bob