Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Chris Norton

Default Hand water pump

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 03:14:16 +0100, "pronoun"
wrote:

Hi Lee,

I am currently re-inventing the force pump, for my own use. If it works
out--I'll send you the plans. You will need a few simple tools, or a good
pal, like mine.

"Lee" wrote in message
.net...
Dear all,
I am looking for a hand pump for water.

Our allotment has no running water and the water butts are nearly empty.
There is a stream nearby which has a small amount of stagnent water in it
but it is a good 5 mins walk away. What I need is a small hand powered

water
pump that I can dump a hose into the water and pump the water up into the
rain barrels...
Tried everywhere, even farmers use petrol or electric pumps nowadays....

Any ideas???

Put me on the list there. We have water on the allottment but would be
nice to be able to pump it up to the water butts in times of drought.

It`s full at the moment as you`d expect.