Old 02-07-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Ideas for fixing the VF

My VF, as many of you know, turned out to be much higher in the yard then
the main pond. It holds about 10 inches of water, but in a few areas, I have
about 10 inches of liner showing above the water line. I guess in a few
years, this won't be a big deal because the plants will take over and hide
most of it, but it bothers me now.

Any ideas on a fix? I can't dig it down any deeper, because run off would be
a problem

I am contemplating some kind of plants to over hand, but I worry they will
get burned sitting on the black liner.

I am also contemplating, building a wall of sand bags into the VF, creating
a semi-permeable wall turning the pond into two ponds. I figure I can cover
the bags with rocks so you don't see them. I figured I'd then pump water
into that higher area, and let it cascade over the rocks. Any thoughts? This
one may look nice, but could be the most difficult to build.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond