Old 02-07-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Ideas for fixing the VF

My VF, as many of you know, turned out to be much higher in the yard then
the main pond. It holds about 10 inches of water, but in a few areas, I have
about 10 inches of liner showing above the water line. I guess in a few
years, this won't be a big deal because the plants will take over and hide
most of it, but it bothers me now.

Any ideas on a fix? I can't dig it down any deeper, because run off would be
a problem

I am contemplating some kind of plants to over hand, but I worry they will
get burned sitting on the black liner.

I am also contemplating, building a wall of sand bags into the VF, creating
a semi-permeable wall turning the pond into two ponds. I figure I can cover
the bags with rocks so you don't see them. I figured I'd then pump water
into that higher area, and let it cascade over the rocks. Any thoughts? This
one may look nice, but could be the most difficult to build.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 02-07-2003, 04:44 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
[...]

BV

I thought of the sandbags between the two ponds too, but couldnt find
the bags so ended up using rough rocks broken to about head size, they
have flat sides so are easy to stack into a dam like row, and still let
water through but not plants and fish.
the only problem I have with it is when I over fill the smaller fish
can get over the top into the veggie filter

let me know how the sand bags work out

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Fixing mesh to fence Mark Allison United Kingdom 3 15-05-2004 06:07 PM
fixing roses to a wall Christopher Hooper Australia 2 27-07-2003 12:02 AM
Fixing the pond edge Paul DeWolf Ponds 2 25-05-2003 06:08 PM
Fixing tiller Michael Shaffer Gardening 10 25-04-2003 05:44 AM
Fixing Bird Box Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 11:30 AM