Old 02-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Mike

Default Hand water pump

In article , Lee
writes
Dear all,
I am looking for a hand pump for water.

Our allotment has no running water and the water butts are nearly empty.
There is a stream nearby which has a small amount of stagnent water in it
but it is a good 5 mins walk away. What I need is a small hand powered water
pump that I can dump a hose into the water and pump the water up into the
rain barrels...
Tried everywhere, even farmers use petrol or electric pumps nowadays....

Any ideas???

http://www.westmarine.com

for all sorts of Bilge pumps. Highly portable, some with double action,
ie you pull the lever forward and it pumps push it back and it pumps
again.

West Marine also list Jabsco Pumps which are very highly recommended.

Hand Pumps. Electric Pumps. Motor Driven Pumps

Picturing how my late Father in Law's Allotment was, I would have a
double action mounted on a board with a portable hose to the butts or
barrels. The board would be wide enough to mount the pump and to get one
foot either side to steady it. Double action would make short work of
filling the barrel.

(I have fitted Electric and Hand Pumps on boats ranging from Admiral Cup
Racing Yachts to a Luxury Motor Cruiser 'Gin Palaces')

Mike

Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more