Old 02-07-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Ultimate Lotus Garden

I have pretty much decided that at some point, I want to move the lotus out
of the main pond and build them their own. They'll probably move next year,
as this year I don't want to mess with them.

So what would be the ultimate lotus pond? I have a raise planter bed that we
are no longer using. It is about 4x8. I was thinking of lining that and
putting a bed of clay about 4-5 inches deep, and planting the tubers in
there. I figure if I dig down a bit, I could get 4-5 inches of clay, and 4-5
inches of water on top. I Plan to plant the tubors right in the mud, no
pots. This pond will be strictly a lotus garden, so I don't care if they
take over.

This pond will be up near the house which is a few feet above (in head) the
main ponds out back. At some point I want to build a stream that flows from
the Lotus pond to the VF. Water will be pumped from the VF, to the lotus and
then cascade down back to the VF. The stream would probably be about 75 feet
long in total length, as it winds down through the landscaping.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond