Old 02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Dave G

Default Ammonium nitrate

If you really want it, go to a store that sells to farmers. Why not
just use a good fertilizer and water it in. Where I'm at we use
16-4-8 or 27-5-11 or similar ratios. We apply at one pound of
nitrogen per thousand square feet. Thus a 50# bag of 16-4-8 covers 8
thousand square feet. And so on.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:49:21 -0500, "Curtis Frazier"
wrote:

My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He
said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that
either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it
online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I was
growing up.