Old 30-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Curtis Frazier

Default Ammonium nitrate

My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He
said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that
either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it
online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I was
growing up.

Old 30-06-2003, 08:08 PM

"Curtis Frazier" wrote:
My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn.
He said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that
either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it
online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I
was growing up.

It's often sold as ice melt. (42-0-0 urea)

Be very careful with this stuff, it will fry your lawn
if used incorrectly.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 30-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Peter H

"Curtis Frazier" wrote in message
. ..
My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn.

He
said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that
either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it
online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I

was
growing up.

Careful now. I picked up a new customer a few years ago who used this on his
lawn once. He turned the lawn blue and then brown. It took me quite a few
seasons to get him his lawn back.

Peter H

Old 30-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Tom J

"Curtis Frazier" wrote in message
. ..
My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He
said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that
either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it
online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I was
growing up.

Ammonium Nitrate should never be used on a lawn. It's too strong and will
burn at lease and kill at worst. It's normally used as a side dressing for row
crops or as an ingredient in bombs. You want your lawn to green up fast, get
slow release 24 -3-3 or similar lawn fertilizer.

Tom J

Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 AM

wrote in message
"Curtis Frazier" wrote:
My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his
lawn. He said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also
read on

the
internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find
that either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to
buy it online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our
lawn when I was growing up.

It's often sold as ice melt. (42-0-0 urea)

Be very careful with this stuff, it will fry your lawn
if used incorrectly.

It's probably better if you can't find it anyway.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 01-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Carl e Roberts

try home depot or walmart?
water well after application

Old 02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Dave G

If you really want it, go to a store that sells to farmers. Why not
just use a good fertilizer and water it in. Where I'm at we use
16-4-8 or 27-5-11 or similar ratios. We apply at one pound of
nitrogen per thousand square feet. Thus a 50# bag of 16-4-8 covers 8
thousand square feet. And so on.

Old 17-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Texas Tomatoes

also, if your in an alkaline soil use ammonium sulphate instead.
"Tom J" wrote in message

[...]

Ammonium Suphamate Bob Minchin United Kingdom 6 12-04-2009 07:24 PM
House Advances Ammonium Nitrate Bill Moe Lawns 7 08-05-2007 12:37 AM
ammonium sulphate Theo Bonsai 14 13-01-2005 09:47 PM
ammonium nitrate wanted Jean Edible Gardening 9 24-04-2004 10:15 AM
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Cdonahey41 Edible Gardening 2 27-01-2003 02:05 AM