Old 02-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Jim W

Default where are all the ladybirds?

Pickle wrote:

Last year I had ladybird larvae by the dozen dropping from my apple tree
onto the bench below, so I was able to put them on various plants to do
their aphid eating thing (very successfully too)
This year I have a largish blackfly infestation on my marigolds, irises,
sunflowers etc and so far this year I have only found 1 ladybird larva. Why
aren't they around when you really need them? Was last year exceptionally
good for ladybirds or is this year a bad year?

Plenty ladybirds here... Poss a little late this year?
//

Jim
North London, England, UK