Old 02-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Nedra

Default 2003 Lotus Pond in Bloom

Hi BV,

The only place I would cut a growing lotus would be way
above the water level. It will drown if you cut it anywhere
near the water level... look at the construction of a lotus
leaf - you will see it made up of small channels. These are
magic channels that assist the lotus in breathing, etc.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Lee, the stems are so thick that I can easily cut them off
at the 2 or 3 foot length.
I usually don't cut them off .... this year I thought I would
to see if the plants flower more - for a longer period of time.

Of course I don't get in the middle of them .... the pond is
too broad for that. It is close to 12 feet in diameter...

Thank you for the compliments.

Nedra

Nedra...I have a lotus that is going like crazy and another with sad

looking
half deda leaves. In your experience...should I cut the dead leaves off?

BV.