Old 01-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Nedra

Default 2003 Lotus Pond in Bloom

This is the lotus pond that I thought was dead ;-)
How things can change in just a month!!
The first bloom happened on 19 June 2003.

The website tells it all .... grin

Nedra

Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Nedra wrote:
This is the lotus pond that I thought was dead ;-)
How things can change in just a month!!
The first bloom happened on 19 June 2003.

The website tells it all .... grin

Nedra

It must be heavenly to sit on your deck.

I couldn't help but notice the owl - with it's head
reattached ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Nedra

Right on both counts Bonnie ;-)

I'm glad you noticed the owl ....

Nedra

Old 01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

How beautiful! Me, I can't even get healthy leaves from mine, let alone
flowers. Your plants are so dense - how do you get in there to dead-head the
flowers, or don't you? Just beautiful.

Lee

thlink.net...

Old 01-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Nedra

Lee, the stems are so thick that I can easily cut them off
at the 2 or 3 foot length.
I usually don't cut them off .... this year I thought I would
to see if the plants flower more - for a longer period of time.

Of course I don't get in the middle of them .... the pond is
too broad for that. It is close to 12 feet in diameter...

Thank you for the compliments.

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
How beautiful! Me, I can't even get healthy leaves from mine, let alone
flowers. Your plants are so dense - how do you get in there to dead-head

the
flowers, or don't you? Just beautiful.

Lee

thlink.net...

Old 02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Lee, the stems are so thick that I can easily cut them off
at the 2 or 3 foot length.
I usually don't cut them off .... this year I thought I would
to see if the plants flower more - for a longer period of time.

Of course I don't get in the middle of them .... the pond is
too broad for that. It is close to 12 feet in diameter...

Thank you for the compliments.

Nedra

Nedra...I have a lotus that is going like crazy and another with sad looking
half deda leaves. In your experience...should I cut the dead leaves off?

BV.

Old 02-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Dr. Bill Duffy

Great pictures! I really enjoyed viewing your lotus. My first bud is 2 1/2
feet tall and should open by the 4th.
Bill
thlink.net...

Old 02-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Nedra

Hi BV,

The only place I would cut a growing lotus would be way
above the water level. It will drown if you cut it anywhere
near the water level... look at the construction of a lotus
leaf - you will see it made up of small channels. These are
magic channels that assist the lotus in breathing, etc.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
thlink.net...

Old 02-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Nedra

Thank you for the compliments, Bill.
I remember staying
up all night to watch my first lotus open! I had no idea
they continued opening in the nighttime.

What kind of lotus do you have?

Nedra

"Dr. Bill Duffy" wrote in message
news
Great pictures! I really enjoyed viewing your lotus. My first bud is 2 1/2
feet tall and should open by the 4th.
Bill
thlink.net...

Old 03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Dr. Bill Duffy

I don't know what they are, I have had them so long I don't remember. I will
send you some pictures when they bloom.
Bill
"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Thank you for the compliments, Bill.
I remember staying
up all night to watch my first lotus open! I had no idea
they continued opening in the nighttime.

What kind of lotus do you have?

Nedra

"Dr. Bill Duffy" wrote in message
news
Great pictures! I really enjoyed viewing your lotus. My first bud is 2

1/2
feet tall and should open by the 4th.
Bill
thlink.net...