Old 02-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Paul Irwin

Default filtration for fry tank

The idea filter for fry is a sponge filter. I make my own from a block of
foam, a piece of 6" square ceramic tile and a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe, but by
the time you assemble the pieces for 1 or 2 I doubt if it's cost effective.
You can get a number of them that work with an air pump for less than
$10.00. I would recommend the air pump over a power head because there is
less current for the fry to deal with.

On-line sources are many, here's two:
http://www.wetthumbaquatics.com/
http://www.thatpetplace.com/intro/main.html

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
How big a tank? If its 50 gallons go to the pet store and buy a filter

for
$20.00 and save yourself some time.

"elbow" wrote in message
s.com...
Does anybody know of a simple homemade filtration system for a fry tank?
I have to do it manually and very carefully and it is very
time-consuming. I have been told of a piece of plasic pipe with small
holes drilled into it with an air line pushed through the middle. Any
one ever tried it?
--
elbow