Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default maturity of clover seed and trefoil seed?

Monique Reed wrote:

If the flowers are still fresh and bright, the seed from those flowers
is not mature. You want brown, dry fruit on the plants. Why not just
let the infuctescences develop?

M. Reed

Yes, I found a good website showing various legume seeds:
http://www.agry.purdue.edu/ext/forag...hite_dutch.htm

I have got some research pots going to find out when they are viable seeds.

I am guessing that clover and trefoil spread only via seeds and not by
rhizomes.
This would then beg the question of given a plot of land with a small patch
of
clover or trefoil, then how to mow and maintain the plot in order to get it
entirely
into clover or trefoil. I suppose setting the mowing height and to set the
mower so as to broadcast the seed. Has anyone researched how to mow a
plot of land in order to get it entirely into clover or trefoil?

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies