Old 02-07-2003, 09:59 PM
RichToyBox

Default filtration for fry tank

I use a filter called a Big Guy, which is a bucket with filter media pad
rolled up in it and a flat round filter media top cover. From this I have
the pump to one of the strawberry jars filled with lava rock as a trickle
tower filter. I don't know if it has eaten any of the fry, but as the fry
grow, some will get a little larger than the others, and then they just suck
up their siblings. Soon they are three times as big as some of the other
fry. The filter works well and keeps ammonia and nitrites at 0.
--
RichToyBox

"elbow" wrote in message
s.com...
Does anybody know of a simple homemade filtration system for a fry tank?
I have to do it manually and very carefully and it is very
time-consuming. I have been told of a piece of plasic pipe with small
holes drilled into it with an air line pushed through the middle. Any
one ever tried it?
--
elbow