Old 02-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Salty Thumb

Default BAT-HOUSES

(WARRENRN1) wrote in
:

seems we have an over abundance of mosquitoes this year....and there
is no standing water anywhere that i can find. we have a large hedge
that surrounds the back yard and come dusk, we stay clear of those
!!!!!! i was thinking of making a bat house....but this is fairly
large.. 18" x 24". i do know that much about bats, but if mount this
on the side of my garage (approximate height is 8' under the fascia
boards) will the bats find and use this, or is it too close to the
ground. we have seen a couple of bats around here but will they find
the house or how do i attract them to their new house?

chicago suburbs area.......

for mosquitoes, I think you might be better off with a dragonfly or koi
pond.

To attract bats, press the searchlight button on your DC-Marvel utility
belt. heh, just kidding. no ideas and not going to speculate. just make
sure you have a strategy to deal with the guano.

-- Salty