Old 02-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Noydb

Default tomato watering regimen?

Frank Logullo wrote:

Blossom end rot is largely calcium deficiency. I've overcome with adding
limestone. I had to switch to pots on my deck several years ago due to
encroaching shade and the local deer. I also have to water like crazy.
Frank

It can come from both sources. As I am planting I push three calcium tablets
(mineral supplements for humans) into the soil around each tomato pepper
plant. Then I keep an eye on my soil to make certain it stays moist.

I get "Braggin' rights" tomatoes and no more BER.

Bill