Old 02-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Travis

Default BAT-HOUSES

WARRENRN1 wrote:
seems we have an over abundance of mosquitoes this year....and
there is no standing water anywhere that i can find. we have a
large hedge that surrounds the back yard and come dusk, we stay
clear of those !!!!!!
i was thinking of making a bat house....but this is fairly
large.. 18" x 24". i do know that much about bats, but if mount
this on the side of my garage (approximate height is 8' under
the fascia boards) will the bats find and use this, or is it
too close to the ground.
we have seen a couple of bats around here but will they find
the house or how do i attract them to their new house?

chicago suburbs area.......

Try http://www.batcon.org/

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5