Old 03-07-2003, 12:44 AM
yar

Default BAT-HOUSES

i have heard that if you put bat guano inthe house it will help
attrack them!

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:36:22 GMT, Tono wrote:

"WARRENRN1 wrote:
"
" seems we have an over abundance of mosquitoes this year....and
there is no
" standing water anywhere that i can find. we have a large hedge
that surrounds
" the back yard and come dusk, we stay clear of those !!!!!!
" i was thinking of making a bat house....but this is fairly large..
18" x 24".
" i do know that much about bats, but if mount this on the side of my
garage
" (approximate height is 8' under the fascia boards) will the bats
find and use
" this, or is it too close to the ground.
" we have seen a couple of bats around here but will they find the
house or how
" do i attract them to their new house?
"
" chicago suburbs area.......
"
"
"I put one up early this spring. unfortunately, I don't see any
"signs of bat's living in it yet. This time of year is too late...
"unless you are planning on attracting them next year. I believe it
"should be at least 14 foot high, facing south, south east, and away
"from trees. Well that's in my area anyway. I'm going to see if a
"local exterminator can "transplant" some evicted bats to my bat
house.
"
"Tono

-

To Explain Oneself Is A Sign Of Weakness!