Old 03-07-2003, 01:24 AM
shannie

Default Strawberries in tub split??

wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:52:24 +0100, "Ron" wrote:
My problem is they are in the pot do I take off the runners and stick
them in soil away from pot or put little pots around and wait for them
to root in these?
Thanks

Im very new to strawberries too Richard, but that's exactly what I've done.
I put some small pots with compost in on an upturned crate all round the pot
and when the runners reached it I pinned them in with home made pegs of
pieces of snipped sheep wire. What I do next Im not quite sure about but
they seem happy to root in the pots. All |I need to do now is find out when
to snip the apron strings

Shan