Old 03-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Phisherman

Default BAT-HOUSES

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:38:28 GMT, (dstvns) wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:15:53 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

for mosquitoes, I think you might be better off with a dragonfly or koi
pond.

I was wondering if anyone has had good results with a goldfish or koi
pond. I would thing that a pond would be one big mosquito magnet,
suck all the larva into one spot, where the fish would eat them. Do
these ponds actually reduce mosquito numbers considerably?

Dan

I have a pond. There are lots of goldfish and rosy red minnows that
hunt down the mosquito larvae. I have read university articles that
state that well-stocked ponds do reduce the mosquito population. But,
the mosquitos find many other good places to lay eggs.