Old 03-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Bent Councillor

Default advice for twitch infested lawn

"Ric" wrote in message
My lawn is badly infested with unsightly twitch. Last autumn I sprayed the
worst of it with Roundup, but this seems to have had little effect and it
has grown back in the same places it was in last year. Regular mowing,

loads
of water and and a good dose of fertilizer/deweeder in the spring don't

seem
to have affected it much this year either.

What should I do? I don't really want to seriously attack it with Roundup
and relay, not least because the experiment with Roundup last year did not
make much difference. Should I just persevere for a few years with lots of
mowing/water/fertilizer in the hope that the real grass eventually drowns

it
out?

Sounds like you need a good forest fire.