Old 03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Lotus' second bloom crooked?

"Wendy Kelly Budd" wrote in message
BV,
I love this! I would have told you that the lotus would die planted down
42". How high doe the aerials get? I presume it has jumped out of the
container from your description. Does it try to travel to shallower

water?
How the hell will you lift that out? Scuba gear?
--
Wendy* in N. California,

snip

I used a 30 (or so) gallon Rubbermaid with about 5-6 of clay in the bottom.
So the stems rise about 40 or so inches. My first aerial is about 6 inches
above the surface of the water. I'll have to get some pictures. It is
actually very funny. It points E-SE...towards the sun. It looks like a
satellite dish. *laugh*

I have no idea if it has left the rubbermaid as I am still dealing with
orange water, and cannot see more then a foot down. How will I get it out?
As a wet, cold, soggy moron, standing in the pond, cussing and moaning the
whole time. I am sure. Hence my idea for a lotus pond next year. *laugh*

BV.