Old 03-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Chris Norton

Default Is it just me...?

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:11:44 +0100, "Druss" wrote:

That I would say is the definition of a real gardener, one who can just pop
out to, for e.g. pick a lettuce, and can be found on the wrong side of the
garden, "just tidying something up", or "just weeding this bit", or even
just completely lost in their own little gardening world, unaware that the
world is moving on around them.
Duncan

How about "I`m just popping down the allottment to clear the front up
a bit". 3 hours later SWMBO strolls over asking what I`ve been up to.
I never stopped not even for 5 minutes, and you`d have sworn I`d never
been there!!!!