Old 03-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default BAT-HOUSES

(WARRENRN1) wrote:

seems we have an over abundance of mosquitoes this year....and there is no
standing water anywhere that i can find. we have a large hedge that surrounds
the back yard and come dusk, we stay clear of those !!!!!!

Thin out the hedge and clean out the leaf litter. There are
mosquito species that can breed in a teaspoon of water in a
cupped dead leaf.

we have seen a couple of bats around here but will they find the house or how
do i attract them to their new house?

The construction is VERY exacting ... size, shape, location.
Check the net for bat house plans.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both