Old 03-07-2003, 08:20 PM
John Hines

Default Starting up a buisness, LFS, advice

"GigaDuck" wrote:

Hello, I know this is a pond newsgroup, but was wondering if anyone knew of
wholsellers which provide fish and other items. I am planning to open up a
lfs in the dessert (sothern CA). My searches came up with little on google.

Wilson pet supply is here in the Chicago area, I see their trucks
servicing the pet stores.

Go to the library, in the research section, and find the D&B industry
guide. This is a series of 4-5 books, published a couple of times a
year, which has every reasonable sized business in the country.

D&B codes them with a SIC (standard industry code) so you should be able
to look up every pet wholesaler in the country.

If your adventurous, you can have D&B pull a report on the another pet
store, and the report should list their major suppliers/vendors.