Old 04-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Frankhartx

Default Something had my bean leaves for lunch

From: Steve

I have never had a problem before with things eating my bean plants, aside
from an occasional hole here, a nibble there. But today I went out and
found nothing but veins left on three of my smaller bean plants and

Sounds like the Mexican Bean Beetle--they will destroy your crop in short
order--a neem spray may be in order or a pyrethrum/roetenone spray. If it is
the bean beet;lle then you have no choice but to spray or likely lose your crop
The sprays mentoned are used by organic growers there are other chemical
sprays-consult your extension service