Old 04-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Tom Engel

Default Something had my bean leaves for lunch

Sounds like Rabbits to me - or possibly deer. Us a heavy dose of Hinder or
Liquid fence on veggies to keep both at bay. Randy

Steve wrote:

I have never had a problem before with things eating my bean plants, aside
from an occasional hole here, a nibble there. But today I went out and
found nothing but veins left on three of my smaller bean plants and my
watermelon plant.

I rarely use any pesticide, but I'm beginning to think I might need to.
Anyone know what sort of bug might have attacked and what a good treatment
would be?

I did notice a lot of ants running around on the ground near there... do
ants eat leaves? I couldn't find any sign of aphids and didn't see any
caterpillars.

--Steve