Old 04-07-2003, 06:43 AM
JennyC

Default Re Zones

"jon" wrote in message
Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for planting zones.

Stupid of me
for not making this clear.
I have a friend who has an Almond/Olive grove in region 9 or 10,

(Southern
Spain) and he is hoping top grow some soft fruit common here but

unavailable
there.

Raspberries
Gooseberries
Blackberries
Loganberries
Kiwi fruit.
Apple

He does grow Grapefruits, Oranges, Tangerines, Peaches and Lemons.

He wants
some British soft fruits but no strawberries as they are cheap and

plentiful
in season.

I'm making internet enquires for him on these fruits and hope to

take him
some plants out in the Autumn.

Does anyone have any experiences of this area which they would like

to pass
on?

INo experience but I would imagine the only problem migth be the sun
scorching the leaves and also the dry climate might mean he'd need to
get the watering situtation under control.

Jenny