Old 04-07-2003, 01:32 AM
jon

Default Re Zones

Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for planting zones. Stupid of me
for not making this clear.
I have a friend who has an Almond/Olive grove in region 9 or 10, (Southern
Spain) and he is hoping top grow some soft fruit common here but unavailable
there.

Raspberries
Gooseberries
Blackberries
Loganberries
Kiwi fruit.
Apple

He does grow Grapefruits, Oranges, Tangerines, Peaches and Lemons. He wants
some British soft fruits but no strawberries as they are cheap and plentiful
in season.

I'm making internet enquires for him on these fruits and hope to take him
some plants out in the Autumn.

Does anyone have any experiences of this area which they would like to pass
on?

Regards.

Jon

Old 04-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from "jon" contains these words:

[...]

I have a friend who sells certified raspberry canes, I could ask him?

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 04-07-2003, 06:40 AM
JennyC

"jon" wrote in message
[...]

INo experience but I would imagine the only problem migth be the sun
scorching the leaves and also the dry climate might mean he'd need to
get the watering situtation under control.

Jenny

Old 04-07-2003, 06:40 AM
JennyC

"jon" contains these

words:

Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for planting zones.

Stupid of me
for not making this clear.
I have a friend who has an Almond/Olive grove in region 9 or 10,

(Southern
Spain) and he is hoping top grow some soft fruit common here but

unavailable
there.

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/hort/cour...ntroLectures.h
tml
Might be useful..........

Jenny

Old 04-07-2003, 09:08 AM

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:25:17 +0100, "jon"
wrote:

~Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for planting zones. Stupid of me
~for not making this clear.
~I have a friend who has an Almond/Olive grove in region 9 or 10, (Southern
~Spain) and he is hoping top grow some soft fruit common here but unavailable
~there.

Most of these listed fruits are cool-area fruits. Raspberries for one
will not grow in mediterranean climates. This is why they grow best in
Scotland in the UK - they need the cool and long days. Kiwi will
probably do fine as they're too tender for uncovered growth in the UK,
and I'm not sure about apples (which do need a fair bit of water) but
I think with the rest you may have problems.

~
~Raspberries
~Gooseberries
~Blackberries
~Loganberries
~Kiwi fruit.
~Apple
~
snippetty

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 04-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Tim

wrote:

[...]

Kiwis are grown by the mile in Italy, they should do well in Spain. Tim.