Old 04-07-2003, 09:08 AM

Default Re Zones

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:25:17 +0100, "jon"
wrote:

~Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for planting zones. Stupid of me
~for not making this clear.
~I have a friend who has an Almond/Olive grove in region 9 or 10, (Southern
~Spain) and he is hoping top grow some soft fruit common here but unavailable
~there.

Most of these listed fruits are cool-area fruits. Raspberries for one
will not grow in mediterranean climates. This is why they grow best in
Scotland in the UK - they need the cool and long days. Kiwi will
probably do fine as they're too tender for uncovered growth in the UK,
and I'm not sure about apples (which do need a fair bit of water) but
I think with the rest you may have problems.

~
~Raspberries
~Gooseberries
~Blackberries