Old 04-07-2003, 02:08 PM
shazzbat

Default Seed catalogues

"shannie" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've never had seed catalogues but I see a lot of urglers refer to them
here. Are they overall cheaper than gc's? The average packet of veg seeds
here is euro 2.35 which is about £1.50stg, is this expensive? Unless your
talking cucumber seeds which cost euro 5.00 (£3.00stg) for five seeds

When
would be the time to order the catalogues? If there is anyone in Ireland
reading and uses them could you let me know if there are any irish

companies
with catalogues and if not do the uk catalogues post to here. Anyone

favour
one over the other and why?

Sorry for all the questions :-/
Many thanks
--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm

Hi Shannie, I don't know if you get places like LIDL/ALDI or
superbuy/poundstretcher etc in Ireland, but these can be a good source of
cheaper seeds. One place near me did all their flower and veg seeds at 4
packets for £1.00

Also if you have a horticultural or allotment society near you, you can club
together to get discounts from suppliers. If you don't have an allotment,
they may let you join as an outside member to use the facilities.

HTH

Steve