Old 04-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Glen Scott

Default Do people use UV lights?

I love my UV clarifier... My water is crystal clear (even during the
spring). I don't use a sterilizer, as that would kill off the good
bacteria.
My plants are HUGE, my fish are HUGE, and the water looks like you
could drink it... What could be better...

On 04 Jul 2003 13:19:09 GMT, (GrampysGurl) wrote:

No UVs here. I went the high plant load, low fish and small fish load way
from the beginning. Even this year, with the fish way too many and too big
(after 8 years) for the ponds and

No UV here, plenty of plants, very minimal filtration (just for a small
waterfall) a low fish load, plenty of surface coverage (lilies)... I wouldn't
say my water is crystal clear at the moment but you can see clear to the
bottom... It will clear to gin clear shortly but I prefer a little murkiness...
it looks more natural.
Colleen
Zone 5 Connecticut