Old 04-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Pampas grass problem

In article ,
(paghat) writes:

| Shovel. When we bought the house, the back yard had an enormous clump of
| butt-ugly pampas grass, one of the crappiest homeliest gardened plants
| that exists. It was not especially difficult to dig up, & no remnant of
| its root ever generated a new plant.

If well-grown and in an appropriate location, it is very
attractive - even spectacular. If not, not.

It burns well, too, and doing so before starting to remove it
can save a lot of blood and cursing. Alternatively chain mail.

I can't see any point in using a herbicide, because dead pampas
grass leaves don't fall off and are as sharp as live ones.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.