Old 04-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Derek

Default Pickled walnuts - how?

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:20:14 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

I found a couple of walnuts on the ground which are obviously
not yet ready to eat as walnuts, so I wondered how one goes
about pickling them.

I did have a recipe once but I've forgotten it. :-(

*However* the bit I remember is you prick them with a pin, if you detect a
shell inside it's already too late (the shell has formed). I suppose in that
case it'll be too late for the whole crop on the tree.

You could do that much without breaking the bank!

Take a look here, some links are out of date.

http://members.shaw.ca/pickledwalnuts/links.htm

DG