Old 04-07-2003, 08:32 PM
B & J

Default What kind of soap can I use on Aphids?

"lbbs" wrote in message
My plum tree is infested with aphids I sprayed it really good with a soap
insecticide but did not help.
I far as I can tell it's aphids (small green bugs). The tree has lots

of
sticky leaves and some webs on the leaves.
What else can I try?

The webs suggest spider mites. You can get rid of both aphids and spider
mites by using nothing but a reasonably sharp blast of water on the
underside of the leaves of the entire tree with no insecticidal soap added.
Do it two or three times a couple days apart. I use this method to control
aphids on okra, which reacts badly to insecticidal soap. If they show up
again, I repeat the process. It's easy and it's cheap.

John