Old 04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Bill and Nancy Weiler

Default Pulling power

keith nuttle wrote:
I am looking at lawn tractors, and was think of one purpose that it may
be used. I have a 21' sail boat that probably weighs less than 3000lb.
Would a lawn tractor be able to move it in and out of the garage and
around the yard to mow under it.

Would there be specific brands of tractor that would be better for this
purpose?

What about hp requirements?

I have an IH Cub Cadet 20hp which I have used to move my small camper
(ca 1500 lbs) and my fishing boat (ca 2200 lbs). The problem I have is
tongue weight and height of the ball hitch on the tractor. I can't use
the tractor to move my pontoon boat around because the tongue weight is
too great and the ball hitch is too low.

Bill

--
Bill and Nancy Weiler
Tony, Wisconsin