Old 05-07-2003, 06:28 AM
Charles Perry

Default help w/ cuthbert grant

Pat wrote:

. I trimmed the dead
blooms off and now I have nothing.

Cuthbert blooms in flushes. If the canes make it through the winter there is an
astounding first flush. Then the bush takes a short rest. After a week or two
of resting, new growth should begin to appear where you have trimmed back the
bush. Some of this new growth will produce flowers, but now where near the
quantity of the first flush. I get a third flush of blooms in the fall that is
a little better than the mid summer flush. There is also the odd flower that
pops up from time to time, usually at the end of a basal shoot or strong
lateral.

The first and second summer my Cuthbert blooms were more spread out because the
bush was establishing itself and the growth pattern was erratic.

Regards,

Charles

--
Charles Perry