Old 05-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Bill R

Default fragrant rose for shade

Vrstull wrote:
Is there a fragrant rose that will do well in a large clay pot in total shade?
Other restrictons are, it can't grow more than five fee tall and not as wide.
I live in a very warm summer climate w/ very mild winters. If you can think of
anything that would fit the space I'd appreciate the advice since I know less
about roses than the federal tax code. TIA.
Vic
Redlands, CA.

Vic,

I have been growing roses for over 30 years and I have not
found one that does well in total shade. They will grow but
they won't bloom very well (if at all).

Can you find another spot for it (with at least partial sun)?
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden visit http://members.iglou.com/brosen