Old 05-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Lyn

Default Pampas grass problem

"gregpresley" wrote in message ...
Whatever you do, wear thick gloves, HEAVY JEANS AND SHIRT, before you tackle
this job. The blades of pampas grass are very sharp and will leave little
nicks all over your body. I actually like it when it's planted in
appropriate spots, so I divided a clump at my house in Florida. I think it
took me a week to recover......LOL.. It does have a large root system, but
if your soil is open enough, and you soften the ground first by thorough
watering, you can dig it out - it's not like tree roots.

Thanks to all who responded. While I think it could be attractive
elsewhere, where we have it, it is NOT. The Pampas Grass has GOT TO
GO!

-L.