Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Bryan

Default Lilly $

I've fond them locally (central OK) from $5-6 each (Wal-mart & bare root at
nurseries) to about $15 at Lowes to over $30-$50 for tropicals at nurseries.

As far as propagating, I don't have much experience with tropicals, but I
divided all my hardies last year at least in have, some in 1/3's - 1/5's.
And all are doing well thus far this year. Most have produces buds or
flowers.

If you look in this news group in the right time of season many people will
trade plants, sell divisions for postage, etc.

Bryan
http://www.safetybaby.com/yard8.htm

"Mark T." wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm clueless about water lillies and
would appreciate any advice.

I am wondering how much folks pay for
water lillies? Out here in Southern Cal.
I'm seeing them for about $30.00 each.

Will lillies propogate? In other words, if
I buy one and plant it in an underwater
planter, will more lillies sprout? I've seen
some of your pictures and, based on the cost
(here), of $30.00 each, nothing less than a
small fortune has been invested in lillies.

Thanks for your comments.

Mark