Old 05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default White Footed Ants Invading

Sue,

The bait spray that the exterminator gave me is Borax based. Also was
thinking about the wax mixture, since I'd seen it on Ray's site. These ants
are tough; even the ag station doesn't sound convinced of any particular
remedy. Something will work, I'm sure.

Tx.

Diana
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:52:45 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

All,
The exterminator gave me a diluted bait spray which has some limited

effect,
but is no panacea. Alcohol works on contact, but is impractical with so
many bugs. Raid kills them, but again, how much can you spray? So, two
questions.

1. What do you all know about "Terro" (sp?) which is supposed to sell at
WalMart and is on the pricey side (I don't care, if it will work)?

2. The stuff that Terminix uses on the exterior of the house is called
"Demand", and is petroleum based. He - and I - are reluctant to use my
orchids for guinea pigs to see if it would harm them. Anyone know?

Diana

I agree with the avoid Petro based sprays theory.

I wonder if Doris's Roach Bait would work. I have a vague memory
of some other Boric Acid Bait, but it was not in my Bug Juice
File.

Roach Bait - Doris Salzmann - RGO

¼ # candle wax.
¼ C sugar
4 oz Boric Acid powder (drug Store)
thoroughly mix.
Pour out to set. ¼ " thick slabs. Break into pieces.
Distribute around where roaches have been seen.
Keep away from children and animals.

SuE