Old 05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Bob H

Default Lilly $

I bought one at Wal mart for $5, it is living but struggling...I bought one
at Home Depot also for $5, It is thriving and has already produced it's 1st
flower (about a month after planting) but it was white with a yellow center,
was labeled as red, so I guess you take your chances. Lowes is a good
source as well, you have to look around....I have bought a couple here
locally (Spokane Wa.) from a lady that runs a pond garden out of her back
yard for $20 each because I was sure what they were I really wanted a Sioux
(color changing) and a Red so I have spent $50 on 4 lilies. I will probably
buy a couple more when I see bargains cause I got the colors I REALLY wanted
so the rest is fill.

"Mark T." wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm clueless about water lillies and
would appreciate any advice.

I am wondering how much folks pay for
water lillies? Out here in Southern Cal.
I'm seeing them for about $30.00 each.

Will lillies propogate? In other words, if
I buy one and plant it in an underwater
planter, will more lillies sprout? I've seen
some of your pictures and, based on the cost
(here), of $30.00 each, nothing less than a
small fortune has been invested in lillies.

Thanks for your comments.

Mark