Old 06-07-2003, 02:32 AM
G a e X a v i e r

Default Figs

My Brown Turkey finally has enough fruit and only a few have been chewed on
that I was able to pick a few ripe ones. They turn kinda golden brown and
soft. When you bite into them, they are rose colored in the center. I watered
the tree this year and it is about 8 feet tall now and 5 feet wide, so it is
bearing nicely after 3 years.

I think they are sort of flavorless IMO. What is the big deal about them?

DScott wrote:

So how do I know when they're ripe? Do they get soft or darker in color, or
do I just know because I wake up one day and they're gone because the jays
got 'em first? Haha! By the way, thanks for the info.
Dianne