Old 06-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

Default Greenhouse Runner Beans

We are trying runners in the GH for the first time this year. They are doing
very well and are we picking crops already. We have them in grow bags at one
end of GH next to door which is permanently open. The bees seem quite happy
to come in and do their bit (if necessary?). Door at other end of GH is
also permanently open at the moment so we are getting lots of through
ventilation (rather than just through opening windows). Watering twice daily
has been necessary on occasions.

Jeanne

"Therefore" wrote in message
Having trouble with my runners ; they are a white self pollinating

variety
growing extremely well with masses of flowers. These unfortunately are not
setting and are falling off. The house is well ventillated at all times

with
doors and vents open fully. the roots are kept moist not sopping and other
plants are also growing well. when I have similar problems outside I

watered
with a strong lime mix which helped ; not to keen to use this method in

the
house.

Any Ideas please Lepslie