Old 06-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Ross Reid

Default Zones

Andy Petro wrote:

I wish that everyone writing to Rec.gardens would either specify the
climate zone or city they live in. I am in Toronto , Ontario, zone 5 and
just starting to see the odd minute tomato on the plants . It will be a
long time before i see any ripe ones. , but if i knew where you lived it
would be easier to accept . I also learned that the zones in Canada and
the Us are classified the same way. Where can i get information on this.

AFAIK, the two classification systems are slightly different. I'm just
an hour's drive West of Toronto, in Canadian Zone 5b but, using USDA
zones I'm in Zone 3.
Here's AgCanada's site:
http://map1.agr.ca/scripts/esrimap.d...md=Map&Lang=En
It is interactive and you are able to zoom in almost close enough to
see your own garden ;-).
Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b