Old 06-07-2003, 06:30 PM
animaux

Default Bickering New Yorkers: was Nitrate fertilizers and airport security

On 5 Jul 2003 14:56:17 -0700, (Steve Coyle) wrote:

Howdy folks.
In regards to this message:

I am a native New Yorker. I have a big mouth, I'm abrasive and I have definite
beliefs in nature and all its myriad delights.

Actually, I'm a also a native New Yorker, came to Austin in the
seventies, as was also my mother born and raised on the upper East
Side of Manhattan. She raised me with the stern warning that having a
big mouth and being abrasive was a quality of taxi drivers and not
necessarily New Yorkers in general. As she used to caution me, watch
your language, you don't want to sound like you're from Brooklyn.

As I said "I" am a native New Yorker...I didn't imply everyone from NY. I lived
in NY almost 40 years. How long were you there?

Also, I do not SOUND like I'm from New York. The fact is, I am from there.
Born in Rapid City, SD and moved to NY at age 3 mos. I'm not ashamed to sound
like I'm from there. I'm not white bread, but thanks for the little Texan in
You driven little lesson.

I hope we are providing some entertainment for the Native Texans
in the group. That could be of some small value in these difficult
times.
Time to go enjoy the myriad delights of Nature, or more
specifically get some weeding done in the garden

Steve Coyle