Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Garlic

"Alan wrote in message after Dave writes
This year for once we have had a top crop of garlic. They are in
excellent condtion at the moment.

Is it better to leave them in the ground or to pull them up and dry
them out. What happens if we just leave tham untill needed.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

If you could rely on a really good summer, they could be left outside to
continue maturing. In reality, UK summers are often too cool and wet for
us to do that and they are better picked and hung under cover to dry.
--

and if you leave them in the ground they will soon split up into the cloves
and resprout.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.