Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
NC

Default Petrol mower - cleaning

"David P Knowle" wrote in message
After a series of electric rotary mowers, have now purchased petrol rotary
one.
Question - cleaning blade & deck after use: we used to tip the leccy one
upside down & scrape/brush down; I presume we can't tip the petrol one
upside down to do this - what do others do? Take it to Halfords, up on
hydraulic ramp, get under it? Any (sensible!) tips appreciated (I am

still
wearing L-plates when I use this monster...)

Tip it up a bit and poke around underneath. If too heavy, a lump of wood to
chock it up helps.

Some safety precautions; 1) stop the motor, 2) let it cool a bit, 3)
disconnect spark plug lead. Then poke around underneath.

I only clean mine once in a while, or if the grass is very wet. However, the
deck of mine is all plastic (Wolf, about 8 years old), so rust isn't a major
consideration.

NC.