Old 06-07-2003, 07:20 PM
V_coerulea

Default rosemary

Leave the rosemarys alone until next spring. If you want to separate them,
do it in early spring before active growth resumes. Don't try to force them
to keep up active growth for the winter by giving more fertilizer. That's an
easy way to kill them. We grow them outdoors in the ground and in pots (zone
8, S Carolina). We protect them only if the prediction is for the temp to
drop below 20deg F. Actually we fudge with that figure and know they can
take 15 with few problems (some var are hardier than others). We also use
wood ashes to help counteract the acid soils we have. During their second
year, shape all you like as long as they're growing like wildfire.

"Steve & Erin" wrote in message
I have three rosemary plants in a pot that were started by see this

spring.
I would like to keep this plant indefinitely. The plants are 6-8" high.
Should I cut it back now to encourage new growth and bigger root systems?
And when should I repot?

Thanks!
Erin