Old 07-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Tono

Default Craftsman 9 HP Chipper/Shredder

"J. Farnsworth Wallaby" wrote in message

Hello All!

We've just purchased a home from an elderly couple. In the shed is one
of these chippers. The owner said that although he bought it new 6 years
ago, he has used it but a few times. The last time was 5 years ago! It's
been sitting idle all this time. Yes, I do have the manual.

It's got 1/2 a tank of gas still in it. Where do I start to see if it
works? Should I drain the tank then go from there? To where?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alan in San Diego

When you drain the fuel, pour it into your car. It will be dilluted
so much that your car will never know the difference. Not like when
I was a kid, old gas and drain oil went on the weeds in the
driveway. We know better now.

Tono